How to Do Search Engine Optimization and Link Building With Expired Domain Names
Do you have a website and would want to increase traffic to it? If this is the case, link building is a critical component of your SEO strategy (search engine optimization). In this post, we will cover how you can create links using expired domain names, as well as provide you with some helpful tips and methods to get you started. Is this something you’re interested in learning more about? If this is the case, you should continue reading.
A high-quality connection from another website to yours provides you with two significant advantages:
• High-quality links provide a direct connection between your website and another website, resulting in increased traffic.
• High-quality links help to improve a website’s ranking in search engines and, as a result, increase visitors.
There are a variety of methods for obtaining high-quality connections to your website. One of these methods is through the use of expired domain names. We will refer to your own website as the “primary website” for the remainder of this essay.
Numerous businesses have been successful in acquiring and using domain names that had been previously registered but were later revoked. Such a domain name already contains content, inbound links, a history, and authority, providing you with a solid foundation upon which to develop and saving you a significant amount of time.
It should be noted that Google has been increasingly skeptical of link building in recent years, making it more difficult than it was previously. Although it may not be the most effective SEO approach, if you know what you’re doing and what you need to pay attention to, it may still be a very valuable one in your overall plan.
Where can you find or purchase domain names that have expired but still have authority?
Listed on catchtiger.com’s domain name auction listing, you will discover a complete list of all domain names with various ccTLDs that will expire at some point in the near future. For the sake of convenience, essential information is collected for each domain name. This will assist you in determining whether a domain name is appropriate for link development. You can put a bid on a domain name if you’ve discovered one you like.
CatchTiger will make an effort to register the domain name when the auction has concluded (this process is also called Drop Catching). However, how do you determine which domain names are appropriate for link building and which ones are not?
PICK THE RIGHT DOMAIN NAME FOR LINK BUILDING AND TRAFFIC REFERENCES
It is critical to select the most appropriate domain name. You’ll want to see a return on your investment at some point, and you don’t want to be penalized by the major search engines. The following are some considerations to bear in mind when purchasing a domain name with authority in order to generate more traffic and get a higher ranking in the search engines.
1. Look for a domain name that is related to the principal website you intend to use. If you go to Catchtiger.com and use the search tool, you will be able to do so by entering a term in the appropriate field. You’ll receive an email instantly providing a list of recently released domain names that contain the keyword of your choosing. Alternatively, if the relevant term is not included in the list, you may always create a free alert for it. As a result of doing so, you will automatically get an email whenever a domain name containing this term is added to the list of auctioned domain names.
1. Find out how much Domain Authority the site has once you’ve discovered the proper domain name. This information is readily available in the CatchTiger Expert Overview. The higher the level of authority, the greater the likelihood of traffic flow.
3. The Majestic Trust flow and the Majestic Citation flow are two more assessments that are frequently used to check for domain name authority, as well as to determine whether or not such authority is of “high quality.” Both assessments may be seen in the Expert Overview section of CatchTiger. The ratio of trust flow to citation flow is referred to as the Trust Ratio. In the case of a website with a large number of inbound links (High Citation Flow) from untrustworthy sources (Low Trust Flow), the Trust Ratio is extremely low (below 1). A high Trust Ratio indicates a greater number of high-quality inbound connections.
The quantity of backlinks may be used to determine if the authority and trust ratios are high enough. This information may be found quickly and simply in CatchTiger’s Expert Overview. The larger the number of backlinks, the greater the likelihood of traffic and authority.
5. Do you wish to discover how long a website has been operational under a domain name that you own or rented? Then have a peek at the score on archive.org. Archive.org indexes websites on a regular basis; the higher the archive score, the more frequently and for a longer period of time the website has been active. On top of that, on the website of archive.org, you’ll be able to examine how the website appeared and whether or not it was a “legitimate” business.
Do you want to conduct further study on a domain name beyond the assessments you can discover on CatchTiger before purchasing it for the purpose of driving traffic or creating links? Take a look at the following points to see what I mean:
1. Once you’ve selected a suitable domain name, check to see whether it has been indexed by Google by searching for “site: http://www.examplesite.com” in the search box. Aside from that, you may perform a search for the domain name “http://www.examplesite.com” to check how frequently Google encounters this domain name on other websites.
2. Check to see whether the domain name has a “spam” score associated with it. With the free tool opensiteexplorer.org, you may double-check your results. The higher the spam score, the more likely it is that incoming links from spam websites will be received.
3. Look on Google to see if there has been any bad news about the company or product.
If all of the things listed above are true, you will be eligible to participate in the domain name auction. The starting bid for an auction is €25. CatchTiger will attempt to register the domain name on your behalf after the highest bidder has been identified. It is now time to go on to the following stage if this has been done.
DON’T FORGET TO USE THE DOMAIN NAME TO INCREASE TRAFFIC AND GAIN A BETTER POSITION IN SEARCH ENGINES.
There are two methods to make use of a domain name. The easiest and most straightforward method is to implement a 301 redirect to your principal website or an underlying secondary website (within a network).
One significant downside of this is that the value of the relationship diminishes with time. As a result, the value of your domain is diminished as well. In the short term, this may provide a boost, but it is not suited for the long run, which is why we do not suggest it.
Furthermore, it is critical that the domain name that you choose to link directly to your principal website be of high quality and memorable. This protects your principal site from being polluted by connections from other sites.
The creation of relevant content is a better approach to make use of your newly bought domain name. Please keep in mind that search engines are not big fans of link networks, thus in order to get the best possible result, you must be more innovative.
Create a secondary or tertiary website using the domain names that you have acquired. This method allows you to construct a pyramid of websites whose purpose is to increase the visibility of the principal site in search engines while also generating more visitors. The following are some actions to take in order to set up your own network:
1. Create a secondary website with unique content that is related to your major website by using the best and cleanest domain names (that fulfill the criteria previously stated).
2. In addition to the fact that your domain name has gotten an appropriate boost as a result of its existing authority, it is prudent to maintain and develop this authority to the greatest extent feasible. Writing guest posts, registering with reputable directories, participating in forums, and other methods are all effective. A excellent summary of SEO link building techniques can be found in the article Linkbuilding strategy 2017 from Creative ICT if you are interested.
Once you have a number of high-quality secondary websites that connect to your core website, it is time to start building your tertiary network. 4. Once again, you’ll make advantage of already available domain names that have already shown to be valuable. For your tertiary network, you can utilize domain names with a lower authority, which are more readily accessible than higher authority domain names. Please keep in mind that it is critical that these are “clean” domain names that adhere to the criteria previously mentioned.
4. You establish mini-sites or blogs on your secondary domains that provide relevant material for your principal website. Then create a connection between this tertiary website and your other secondary websites.
If you wish to go any farther, it is also feasible to construct a quaternary network of relationships. The following are some of the most important considerations while setting up your own network:
1. Begin by creating a network blueprint, which will assist you in choosing the appropriate domain names and providing you with an overview.
2. Make certain that you always have complete control over the connections between the various networks. If one of your websites is subjected to a Google penalty, you may quickly delete the connection from your website.
Three, make an effort to host several websites in separate locations so that they do not become interconnected through a shared hosting IP address. Another alternative is to utilize search engine optimization hosting. Using this service, each website is hosted on a separate IP address, which means that they are not linked to one another in any way. Are you interested in learning more about this? Then visit http://www.privateproxies.nl for further information.
When used properly, expired domain names may be an amazing method to increase traffic to your core website and can be a fantastic addition to your overall SEO strategy.
In addition, developing your own website network may be of interest to third companies in the future. You can post link requests on secondary or tertiary sites in return for the inclusion of your links on their respective pages.
It’s important to remember, however, that creating your own website network is a time-consuming endeavor. You’ll need a solid strategy in order to obtain the appropriate domain names, generate high-quality content, and rank well for relevant keywords.